The Space Foundation is developing the next generation of space professionals - and building the overall technological strength of the nation - through a wide variety of programs that stimulate students' interest and skills in space-baded science, technology, engineering and mathematics (S-STEM).
Space Foundation Discovery Center
The Space Foundation Discovery Center is the region's only space, science and technology attraction. It is an interactive, museum-quality destination that advances space-based science, technology, engineering and mathematics (S-STEM) in the exciting context of space exploration, development and utilization.
The Space Foundation Discovery Center's normal hours of operation are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click here for a complete Calendar of Events.
When you visit the Space Foundation Discovery Center, be sure to stop in the new Discovery Center Store, where we have space-related gift and souvenir items for sale including:
- Astronaut Ice Cream
- Space Gifts
- Art Prints
- Science Kits
- and more!
Discovery Center Store proceeds support the Space Foundation's space awareness and education programs. Get a Discovery Passport and enjoy 10% off all purchases in the Discovery Center Store, as well as many other valuable member-only benefits!
Click here for complete details including admission prices.
- Classes for students of all ages, including courses using Science On a Sphere®, our AGI Space Missions Simulation Laboratory and Mars Robotics Laboratory.
- Educator professional development programs, including Space Across the Curriculum courses, pre-service teacher courses and our nationally recognized Teacher Liaison program.
- School, youth group and community programs, including tours of the Space Foundation Discovery Center, Audience with an Astronaut presentations, career awareness and workforce development programs, New Horizons community-centered enrichment programs, tours of space exhibits and the Space Foundation International Student Art Contest.
- Downloadable lesson plans
- NASA Educator Resource Center
- Online tools and programs
- The Space Report for education
- Activities for kids