Code of Conduct for the Space Foundation’s Space Symposium
Instituted May 2023
The Space Symposium is built on our vision: Creating opportunities and inspiring generations. The free-flow of information and exchange of ideas are essential for advancing the global space ecosystem, as well providing highly effective professional development for our participants.
Space Foundation is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all Symposium participants. We also are committed to providing an environment free from harassment or discrimination, of any kind. Discriminatory conduct is contrary to our values and high standards. These values include trust, teamwork, and excellence, and respecting our team and our partners and being positive and inclusive.
Our Code of Conduct outlines the expectations for all participants during Space Symposium, Symposium-related activities, social events, and other Space Foundation-sponsored events. It applies to all in-person and online events. Participants include but are not limited to attendees, speakers, exhibitors, vendors, guests, awardees, volunteers, public officials, facility staff, and contractors.
Expected Behavior during Space Symposium
- Interact and communicate in a professional and constructive manner, both in-person or virtually.
- Treat others with courtesy and dignity.
- Be respectful of cultural differences and contexts reflecting our global membership and reach.
- Wear their Space Symposium badge and lanyard during all in-person programming and make it available upon request by staff or other event management personnel.
- Be honest when reporting any questionable behavior they witness to Space Foundation staff, venue staff, or event management personnel.
Types of Unacceptable Behavior
- Harassment of any kind, intimidation, discrimination, verbal or physical abuse, and disruption of speakers or presenters, including online.
- This list is not all inclusive and Space Foundation team may exercise good judgement and discretion to characterize behavior.
Possible Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
- Engaging in unacceptable behavior may result in entry credential revocation and being asked to leave the event and/or being barred from future events, as well as having online access denied. It may also result in Space Foundation reporting the behavior to a parent company.
- Persons asked to cease unacceptable behavior are expected to immediately comply. Space Foundation staff, volunteers, and security contractors, hotel personnel or hotel security may take any actions deemed appropriate and necessary to safeguard participants, property, and the operation of Space Symposium.
- Law enforcement may be engaged.
How to Report Unacceptable Behavior
Your security and safety are our most important priorities. If you experience or witness unacceptable behavior, please immediately notify a Space Foundation team member. They will provide necessary assistance to ensure you feel safe during our events. In emergency situations, please find a venue staff member or Space Foundation team member to assist. We urge you to report unacceptable behavior as soon as possible so we can offer prompt resolution.
Space Foundation Staff can be found at the registration desks during operating hours, in all sessions, and receptions. Space Foundation team members wear badges with a yellow stripe labelled “Team” and a yellow lanyard. You also may email our Customer Support team at [email protected] for assistance during normal operating hours.
Please do not report unacceptable behavior through social media channels, as they are not continuously monitored and it may delay our ability to promptly respond.