By volunteering at this premier space industry event, you help support our mission of Delivering Excellence in Education, Collaboration and Information to Advance the Global Space Community. As a nonprofit organization, Space Foundation relies heavily on volunteer support at our events and is grateful for your time and talents.
To be a volunteer at Space Symposium, you must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old by April 1, 2024
- Dress in accordance with our Business Attire dress code
- Brand new volunteers, please plan to provide two reference letters; Please have those emailed to Jennifer Walters, [email protected] as soon as possible. Scheduling will happen after they are received.
- Out-of-town volunteers: please contact Jennifer Walters, Sr. Mgr. of Community Relations, ([email protected]) to discuss out-of-town volunteer processes and volunteer roles. We welcome out-of-town volunteers, we just want to be sure expectations for both sides are met.
Please note: There may be additional requirements based on a particular job or activity.
To show our gratitude, volunteer benefits for Symposium include:
- Volunteers who complete one shift will be able to tour the exhibit halls one time during the week of Space Symposium. This can be the same day as your shift, or a day after your shift. The exhibit hall volunteer tour days are Tuesday–Thursday while the exhibit halls are open. This does not include Monday evening.
- Volunteers will have access to the volunteer lounge with very light snacks and beverages. You will receive a thank you gift for volunteering. If you would like us to send a note to a supervisor or commander with a note of your volunteer efforts, we would be happy to do so.
- Volunteers who work two more shifts will be able to tour the exhibit halls, again, Tuesday–Thursday while the exhibit halls are open. This does not include Monday evening. Two or more shifts will also provide you access to a speaker session of your choosing for in-person on Wednesday or Thursday. You may pick more than one session on Wednesday and/or Thursday. If you volunteer for two or more shifts, we will also send you the virtual link so you may see the speaker session on Tuesday. Due to the popularity of the Tuesday sessions, we do not have enough room to permit volunteers to attend that session in-person.
- For those volunteering two or more shifts during Symposium, we will also provide you a meal ticket for the concession counters in the exhibit hall.
We hope you find benefit in the opportunity to support the premier space conference. To register to be a volunteer with us, please click the appropriate button below.